Tuesday & Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
*Fridays & Saturdays: 9 AM - 3 PM
Call Office for Current Hours.
Langhorne, PA 19047 - - Get Directions
Dental Exams in Langhorne, PA
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by all of our dentists at Oxford Valley Dental Excellence during your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Full Mouth Intra Oral Pictures / Smile simulation
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Clinical Head & Neck Examination
Our Goal for all patients at Oxford Valley Dental Excellence:
To achieve Physiological (health), Functional, and Aesthetic Dental Excellence through Comprehensive Treatment Planning.
Dental Cleanings in Langhorne, PA
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are usually performed by our highly trained, experienced Registered Dental Hygienists at your initial visit*. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
*May recommend a different type of cleaning procedure if a more involved need is determined.Back to Dental Services in Langhorne, PA